Pediatric Dentist Tulsa
Charles Calhoun, DDS – Tulsa, OK Pediatric DentistA pediatric dentist is a dentist whose field of expertise is children’s oral health. From infancy to the early teen years, pediatric dentists are trained to care for a young patient’s teeth and gums as the child grows older. Most children’s baby teeth grow when they are six months old. By the time they reach around the age of seven, they will experience their first loose tooth, and then begin to lose their baby teeth. From there, their permanent teeth will grow in, and they will need proper dental care so their teeth can be healthy. Otherwise, they might suffer from oral decay or other oral diseases, which are often painful and expensive to repair. With the help of a pediatric dentist, though, you can trust that your children’s teeth will be healthy and clean. Contact a pediatric dentist near you. Tulsa Dentist>>
What is Pediatric Dentistry Training?When you take your child to a pediatric dentist, you want to be sure they are receiving the best possible service. Fortunately, pediatric dentists go through rigorous training, including:
- Four years of standard dentistry training at a dental school.
- Two more years of dentistry training with a focus on children’s and teenager’s oral health.
What are Pediatric Dental Services?Pediatric dentists provide many of the same treatments other dentists provide. The difference is the services of the pediatric dentist are designed specifically for treating children during various stages of their development. Some of these services include:
- Infant oral health exams, including a risk assessment of tooth decay for both the mother and her child.
- Preventive dental treatments to avoid cavities or gum disease. This includes teeth cleaning, fluoride therapy, and nutritional and dietary recommendations for the child.
- Habit counseling to encourage good dental hygiene.
- Assessing and treating various common orthodontic problems in children, including the straightening and correcting of crooked teeth.
- Repairing cavities.
- Diagnosing any oral conditions which are associated with different diseases.
- Treatment of gum disease.
- Treatment of dental injuries, such as damaged or broken teeth.
Find a Pediatric Dentist Near Me?Your pediatrician should be able to assist you in finding a pediatric dentist near you, and possibly provide you with personal recommendations. If you need a Tulsa, OK Dentist, contact Charles Calhoun DDS.
Charles Calhoun, DDS
10016 S Mingo Rd # B,
Tulsa, OK 74133
Whole family has been going to Dr Calhoun for years. Staff is very friendly and welcoming.